Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

March 13, 2009

Hola Familia,

Buenos dias means good morning too. And hombros are shoulders. And you did spell it right. Good job! You are learning Spanish. The hardest part about learning Spanish is just learning all the words. The grammar and everything is pretty easy to pick up.

It's exciting to hear how Amy's doing. Make sure you tell me her email address as soon as you find out. Tell her that I love her. Maybe you could forward this letter to her.

That's exciting to hear that Natalia's getting baptized. We have a baptism coming up this Saturday! Ramona Marin. She's been taught for quite a while and she's an older lady. Her interview is today and that should go well. Her son, Socorro, is going to be the one baptizing her.

I sent Matthew's birthday card this morning. So it should get there on his birthday. It has all of my pictures in it as well as my old MSF, credit, card. It got compromised and I got a new one. I thought you might like to see it. Also one of the SD cards in there is one that I bought here in Washington. The 4GB one. It was only $15. It was such a good deal I had to take it.

Yes! Jonathan is a tennis player. Keep playing and working hard at it everyday and you'll start seeing the results in no time. Remember that I was a terrible tennis player when I was a freshmen (and I'm still not that good, but that's not the point). There was only one other person that tried out besides me. Lucky me.

That present for Matthew sounded just like what I wanted to get him. Hopefully he'll enjoy it and use it. I would've liked to have had one of those during high school. I would've used it all the time. So, have fun Matthew!

Invitation Sunday was kind of a bummer. Out of all the members we visited and talked to about it only one brought a friend. That was really sad. And then the talks went on forever. The first two speakers took up all of the time. And the other 4 speakers still gave their talks. So it ended up being over an hour and a half. And almost none of our investigators were there because they all had visitors and things. Oh well, it was still uplifting for those who came. Hopefully the next time it comes around it will be a little more successful in the branch. I probably won't be here next time though. That's a sad thought.

The Matson's will be moving, sometime. I have no idea when. They are going to sell their house before they move. And they still have a ton of stuff that they haven't packed. Actually haven't really even started that much. Which makes me really happy. I don't want to leave the Matson's. I love 'em to death.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day,

I love you,

Elder Benjamin Arnold

No comments: