Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Elder Arnold gets spicy!

March 31, 2009

Hola familia,

I heard about the Spanish Bible. We're so stoked about it. We'll actually have something good to study out of. It's funny, because our current bible that we have contains a whole bunch of notes and things in the back that are all false doctrine. We're going to be really anxious until September. They announced it at our last sacrament meeting.

Good job on tennis, Matthew and Jonathan. You probably noticed mom but I bought a tennis racket. I've been itching to play so bad. I haven't had the time to use it yet though. So hopefully today I'll get to go and serve some for a little while.

It sounds like scuba diving was fun. I can't wait to go and try it with you. I think I'll probably be with mom and Jonathan the whole time. I always have problems with my ears on airplanes so it'll probably be the same with scuba diving.

I'm getting a little better at eating spicy foods. Since we eat some every once in a while. If you remember I never liked any amount of spiciness before I left on my mission. I even thought that those red cinnamon jelly beans were hot. Now those are nothing. So I'm making some improvement.

There were two baptisms this last Saturday. One investigator from the sisters and one from the zone leaders. It was really cool. Oh did I tell you? I've translated in sacrament meeting now once and also at a baptism. From Spanish to English. It was lots of fun. It's fun to have made so much progress in Spanish in just the last two transfers.

I guess that I have two sisters now. Amy and Andrea. I guess it'll kind of be like coming home to a new baby girl in the family. Ha ha. Just kidding. It's too bad that I'm not there to join in on the fun with Matthew and Jonathan.

We are currently living with the Strebel's. Our new address is 4820 W Margaret, Pasco WA 99301 (If anyone wants to write to Ben, he may only be at this address for a week, so send letters to his mission office address). The Matson's and the Strebel's both went out of town for a little bit so we're babysitting two houses. The Strebel's are really cool. They're good friends with the Matson's and moved into Pasco at about the same time as each other.

We'll find about transfers this upcoming Saturday. And transfer day is on the 8th, which is Wednesday. So I'll tell you what's happening next Tuesday.

Edgar and Lilian are doing really well. We just showed them lds.org. And they're really impressed that all of the scriptures and everything is online free to download. Edgar is going to put some of the scriptures on his MP3 player and listen to it at work instead of other books or music. We're super excited about that. He doesn't like reading as much because he doesn't understand it as well as when he hears it. Their son Justin is really cool. He just walks around during the lesson and he loves getting into the food. He always gives us high fives now. I love teaching that family.

Maria and Juan. We had an appointment with Maria just the other day. We had an inspired lesson with her. We were going to teach her about the plan of salvation but we diverted following the spirit. She was telling us about one of her sons that's been causing her a lot of heart-ache. So we shared Mosiah 27 and Alma 39. We read some of the highlights of the chapters and helped relate them to her situation. It was an amazing spiritual lesson. She was really apologetic about not having done the reading assignment and she promised very sincerely that she would do it this time.

Rafael and Maria. We actually haven't been able to visit them again yet. So we'll tell you more about them next week.

Well, have a great week.

I love you super a lot

Elder Benjamin Arnold

No comments: