Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Amy

February 17, 2009
Hola familia,

I got your package mom. It was wonderful. I'm glad that my translator is now back. I forgot to tell you that I had sent it in and that the new one was coming to Utah. I'm glad you figured it out anyway. Thanks, it's already been put to good use between Elder Blomquist and I.

It sounds like Amy had a busy birthday. I hope you didn't work too hard Amy. And that you had some time to enjoy your first day of being 21. It sounds like my letter got there but maybe not my present yet. I hope you enjoyed my pictures. Make sure you get on top of putting all the music you want on that present of yours. Time sneaks up on you. And you won't want to do it all at the last minute.

Driving is coming along just great. I've figured where everything is. Elder Blomquist has to help me out sometimes though. He pays a lot better attention than I did when I was the passenger.

Tomasa has been doing pretty well. She's been to church twice now. And this last week she brought three of her grandkids with her. Hopefully we'll make some good progress with her this week. Maybe the spirit will convince her to be baptized.

I haven't heard much from Blanca lately. I haven't seen her at church in a long time either. She is such an amazing person I wish that things would just work out better for her.

Leonar is the member referral and the one that was going to be baptized this last week. He's had some doubts that he's not ready for it yet. He wants to be completely prepared. Which is a good thing other than it's preventing him from partaking of all those wonderful blessings that we have available to us. We're going to meet with him tonight and go over baptism in depth. We'll hopefully be able to set up his baptismal date for the very end of this month. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Lucia's been doing amazing lately. She came to church this last week. It was so exciting to see her there. She's still been having lessons with the sisters in sister hill's home. Which has been a huge help to her. She's slowly getting more and more ready. Hopefully she'll have the strength to take the last couple of steps necessary to be baptized. Heavenly Father is helping her. As long as we keep working hard everything will work out okay.

Don't worry I haven't been sick lately. There's been a lot of sickness going around. Elder Blomquist and I have avoided it. Hopefully it stays that way.

I don't think I'll be moving this transfer. I'll probably stay one more here in Pasco. But just in case I'll find out this Friday or Saturday what will really happen. So around that time just send everything to the mission office.

Well it sounds like I am currently the heaviest member in our family. Sitting at a comfortable 158. I actually haven't checked in a while. So I'll find out for you next week. I've been using my pull-up bar a lot. And we also play basketball early in the mornings on Monday and Wednesday with the 4th ward. It keeps my cardiovascular system healthy and strong.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful week,

Love, Elder Benjamin Arnold

I'm still here. Only for another ten minutes though.
I'm excited to read the Harry Potter in Spanish. It'll test my vocabulary.

I hope you did good on your ACT test Matthew. Good look with it. Make sure you tell me how it goes this week when you find out.

I sure miss you Matthew and Jonathan. I wish I could come home for a few days and play tennis and go mountain biking with you. I also wish that I could share all of the things that I'm learning. I've grown so much spiritually. I'm able to focus on the really important things more. One of those things is my family. I'm definitely going to be a different person when I get home. And don't worry Matthew I'll come back ripped with muscles. BAM.

Thanks for your letters Jonathan. Your words lift me up. They make me feel more loved every time I read them.

Keep working hard you two. Look for ways to love your family members. I promise that you'll be happier as you do so.
Love Benjamin

No comments: