Thursday, December 11, 2008

Benjamin

(He refers to himself in this letter by Benjamin because I have taken to calling him by his full name since he left.)

Hello Family,

I'm sorry that this email has been so delayed. The computers were down at all the libraries on Tuesday. Then we had zone conference all of yesterday, I'll tell you more about that. So I haven't had the opportunity until today to email you.

I've been really bad at writing letters and sending you my pictures lately. This next week I'll do better though. Sister Matsen got me and Elder Johnstun some Christmas cards with our pictures on them. Which reminds me that we got the house all decorated this last week. We helped the Matsen's out with putting up the Christmas lights up outside and with putting up their tree. I was glad to be able to participate in the decorating.

I've been taking a lot of pictures recently so I'm excited to send them home. I'll probably just send them on an SD card since I've collected a lot of them (oops).
Thanks for keeping track of my money mom. By the way that big purchase from BestBuy was just a Spanish and English translator. Which I have been using all the time. I would recommend getting one for Amy before she leaves. I'll tell you what kind it is so you can check it out. I don't have it with me right now though.

It hasn't been very wintery here. The temperature is usually in the low 40's or high 30's. And it hasn't snowed yet. It hasn't even threatened to yet.

Benjamin would love some jerky and fudge! I don't know if Christmas would be the same without getting some jerky in my stocking. And I can't ever say no to that fudge.

I love how you're now a plant nerd Amy. Now you know what I felt like about computers. I've been so excited about your mission call. I've told everybody about it. They also all think it's really cool that we'll be able to speak Spanish to each other when we get back. And that we'll be back at almost the same time.

Jonathan, I want to see how you're DS works with cooking in the kitchen. That's something that I would love to play with. Tell me more about it the next time that you write.
Congratulations on your drivers license Matthew! I'm excited because I know you're really excited. How's school going? What's your absolutely favorite class?

The confirmation of Teresa went great! I was pretty nervous but I had prepared really well. The hardest thing about it for me was talking in the Tu form. As missionaries we don't do that very much since we're supposed to use the Usted form. Other than that though it was awesome.

The half-time show at a baptism is just the time while the people are changing after the baptism. It's only about fifteen minutes. Sometimes we watch the restoration as well.

This is my average daily schedule:
6:30-8:00 wake up, exercise, eat breakfast
8:00-9:00 Personal Study
9:00-10:00 Companion Study
10:00-10:30 or 11:00 Spanish Study

Then we go to our scheduled appointments or visit the people we planned to from the night before.We eat lunch at about 12:00.Then it's the same thing again. Going to appointments until dinner. Which is usually with a member. We're supposed to be done with that by 6:00.Then we continue working again until 9:00. Which is when we're supposed to be back to our house. We plan for a half hour then get ready for bed. Then we turn off the lights and go to sleep at 10:30.

I love you all so much,
Elder Ben Arnold (Benjamin)

No comments: