Friday, January 16, 2009

He's a Trainer!

Dear Family,

I'm getting really anxious and excited. My new companion is flying in tomorrow. I'll meet him on Wednesday morning and move back into the Matson's then. We should both stay there for at least the next two transfers, so three months.

We'll both learn really fast, Spanish and how to teach. I've had a lot of really good experience lately. Elder Anderson and Elder Dudoich have been really good at getting me to speak a lot of spanish and giving me lots of opportunities to teach.

By the way, I ran into Eugene again. The person I told you about on Christmas that I met in Panda Express. He's doing awesome. I found out where he works and I'll look for him everytime I go there. I'm glad that I've been given the chance to talk to him again.

You can send me the P.F. Chang's card. I'm sure I'd use it. There's one of those restaurants nearby my house. The Matson's took us there once. It was really good and I'll look forward to going back. That was when I ate the really big chocolate cake.

I like that fortune cookie that you got for me. Something that's funny is usually since I've been a missionary all of my fortune cookies are true. I'll copy them all down and send it to you sometime. Maybe I'll just take a picture of them.

I've been doing a lot lately to get ready for my new companion. I've been studying extra hard and figuring out everything that we're going to do starting Wednesday. I'm actually really excited about doing every part of being a trainer. Except that Spanish is going to be really interesting. I haven't built up a big enough of a vocabulary to be able to understand everything. So I'm looking forward to the time when we'll be in a lesson and neither one of us will understand what they said. It will be a memorable journal entry.

I love you all so much and have a wonderful week

Elder Ben Arnold

P.S. I have tried using the new magnesium stuff but not very much. My other one has almost run out. So I'll just switch over and see how it goes. If it doesn't work very well I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks.

I love you, thanks for everything you do!

No comments: