Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Matthew!

Hola familia,

This week has been busy. We had Zone Conference yesterday that we'd been getting ready for. Elder Hortin and I had to do a training on Teaching using questions. The whole Zone Conference was focused on that. It was amazing. It's completely changed the way that I teach. I got to apply the things that I learned a lot last night while I was on exchanges with Elder Jack up in Connell and Basin City. We got in two doors while tracting using these questions.

Santos was confirmed on Sunday. Juan Saldana confirmed him. I love taking part in ordinances like that. It is a very spiritual experience. Which reminds me this last Sunday was branch conference. Elder Tracy, my previous companion, did the translation during sacrament meeting. He did a good job. It's fun to serve around him again. Then in gospel principles the Lybberts came in and visited with us. So I got to sit next to them and translate. I think it's harder translating from Spanish to English than from English to Spanish.

I didn't tell you, I don't think. We got all of our Citius Altius Fortius t-shirts and wristbands that we ordered. The whole zone loved them. It's fun to see them wear them every week.

Did I tell you last week that Briana got her ID? We set a baptismal date with them for the 4th of April, General Conference! They committed to be married before then! We are so excited for them!

Hey Matthew, Happy Birthday! I can't believe that you are already 18. Only one year until you get to go on a mission. You are going to love it. Something is coming in the mail for you. I'm sending it today. I already bought it just need to get it in the mail.

We have dinner with the Llamas family tonight. Our last lesson we just taught Gabriel and Gloria, the mom and dad. Juan came with us and they committed to come to General Conference. They know that they need something else in their lives and the mom is willing to come to church if the dad, Gabriel, will come. He has a hard time believing that he should come to our church because he has grown up strongly believing in the Catholic church. We gave him a lot of things to think about last time and he is very sincere about his family. He is such a good guy. I pray that he opens his heart to the things we teach so his family can receive the many blessings that are available.

I wish I could write about all of the other things that happened this week. There was so much. Life is good when you're busy doing the Lord's work. Even when you're tired.

I'm getting anxious for General Conference. I highly suggest that you all get up that morning and shower get in church clothes and go watch it at the church. For every session. I've gotten way more out of as I have done that. That way you also don't fall asleep. You should also try and go to one of the sessions since you're so close. Maybe I could see you in the audience. We're so blessed to be so close.

I love you all
Remember to read your scriptures everyday and to pray
Elder Ben Arnold

No comments: